Gone are the days when the only way to communicate with people sitting far away was letters. In the modern world, everyone shares information with people through communication means such as phones and the internet. With the internet available to a very large section of the global society, and that too at very reasonable costs, online chatting is now a preferred mode of communication. It’s possible to chat with anyone sitting in any corner of the world, as long as they are online the same time as you are.
Although online chatting is a means of socializing and getting to know people all over the world, there are security issues related to it. Certain basic safety precautions need to be followed to make sure that chatting is a pleasant experience.
Safety precautions include:
- Make sure your screen name never includes your genuine name.
- Don’t share your videos and photos with unknown people.
- Don’t reveal personal information to people you don’t know and protect your personal identity.
- If you receive messages that make you feel uncomfortable, don’t respond to them and try to avoid chatting with that specific person; blocking the user is a good option.
- Don’t organize to meet up with your new chat friends. If necessary, meet up in busy place and make sure you’ve informed friends or family about where you’re going.
- If you receive any unexpected files from people you don’t know, don’t accept or download the files as they could carry viruses and completely ruin your system.
- Saving copies of your chat conversations is a good idea, in case you need to use them in future.
- You must know how to report the problems to the chat room moderator.
Follow these simple precautions and make sure that chatting online is an enjoyable experience for you, and not something that could get you into any kind of trouble.
A website template is the best option to give your webpage an attractive professional look. Take a look at some suggestions to choose the appropriate template.
Images are the most powerful tools to attract visitors. Too many cooks spoil the broth, and so, too many images may spoil the webpage, by increasing its download time and therefore annoying the customers. So select a template with limited number of images that are just about right for the site.
When you buy a template, make sure you test them in different browsers as well as in various versions because there are chances that some versions might not display certain features. Also check whether the template is free of error because simple errors may also hide your content from search engine spiders. Using a template that has an HTML tool box is best to scan the template for coding errors.
Some templates use too many tables at different levels for designing the layout. Many levels make it harder for a search engine spider to index your page because it buries the content inside a bunch of tables. And as usual usage of table layouts could have downloading problems too. If the template takes 30 seconds or more to load before you add content, you can be sure there’s a problem, so get down to setting it right.
Apart from using a template as a design tool, it can also give you ideas related to design with regard to color combination, new ways to use icons and place navigation bar etc.
Use templates with CSS format to give your structured content a style quotient.
Choose the right template to design your website, attract more visitors and improve your business.
Subscription websites are websites that have pages of valuable content like articles, video and audio clips, e-books etc that are available only to subscribers. Choosing right topics according to the target audience (who are mostly like to buy the products / services offered by you) is the most significant aspect to run a successful subscription website.
Paid subscription websites are one of the best ways to make revenue. However, your subscription plans have to offer prices that are comfortable for your audience.
If you are about to create a subscription website, you might consider the following points which could help you develop a very effective one.
First, create content that effectively provides what the people would probably look for. Your content must consist of articles which will cover the subject of your site from different dimensions, so you can receive potential customers. Apart from this, offer the downloadable content which not only includes images, but also audio and video clips. This will improve the quality of the site and attract more subscribers. Update the content regularly, to avoid boredom.
Make sure your website contains at least 50 pages of valuable content before launching, because the visitors will expect a lot of material for reference. If they find enough data on your site, they are bound to be satisfied and want to come back for more.
The main goal of owning a subscription site is naturally, to make money. But it is to be kept in mind, that with widespread internet knowledge, it is easier for people to access the site illegally without your knowledge, hence reducing your revenue.
It is essential that secure your site, and make it as foolproof as possible, to make the maximum out of it. The following are a few suggestions that could help you secure your site.
- Put valuable content in the membership area of your website, so that only your subscribers can view the content of your site.
- Make sure you collect subscribers’ personal details in a secure database. At the same time, it must be easy to search through for you, so that you can provide useful information to the subscribers through other means like email, post etc.
- Subscribers’ passwords should be inactivated, at the end of the subscription period.
- Use password abuse software to detect illegal usage of password by more than one person.
- Use a secured online payment system.
- Use auto response messages on your site to send alerts and notification messages to the subscribers automatically.
A pod cast is an internet radio broadcast, which is used to distribute multimedia files such as audio or video programs through RSS (method of sharing and broadcasting content from a website). Coming to online business, pod cast is a useful communication tool which enables you to share audio content on a variety of topics.
It is a digital media file distributed over the internet and the name reflects the content of the file. People can download the required media file to their computers or their MP3 player as they want, at any time. Hence your file will reach the targeted audience.
Pod cast supports multi-task facility, which ensures customers to play the media file while they are doing other tasks at their desktop.
Use a good quality microphone, to record your digital file. It will help you create pod casting with effective sound quality, so customers can hear the recorded details with clarity.
The main thing in online business is reaching a global audience and earning revenue. You can reach them easily through web advertisement.
Another way to earn revenue is getting your pod cost noticed. The best way to accomplish this goal is by submitting your content to specialized podcast directories. Directory listings drive traffic directly to your site.
Participate in the forums on subjects similar to your podcast, and provide link to your site in the forum. This will act as a mini advertisement for your site. Don’t forget to visit the forum regularly and add post.
Using pod cast in online business is one of the best ways to improve your sales. It interacts with people and gets them back to your website so you can boost targeted traffic to your website.
Everyone needs to be successful in their business. Nowadays online business is very familiar to everybody. Due to this familiarity, many business people are now ready to market their products and services online. A website plays a vital role for them if a site has a large page rank. A higher page rank means it will be more visible in the search engines and could receive more visitors.
There are many ways to promote a website and increase its page rank. This article will give some key points that you can follow and improve your website ranking in the search engines.
Building back links (a back link is a link pointing to your website from another related website) is the first and foremost way to improve the website page rank because some popular search engines like Google will give more importance to the number of back links for page ranking. You can achieve these back links by joining forums that are somewhat related to your website.
Submit your website to website directories. They are a good way to get a free link to your website. They will allow you to increase your web presence by being listed on other search engines. If you have more links, then you could have more chance to get a high page rank.
Your website should contain valuable information for a visitor so that they will hopefully come back to your site again. For this reason it is a good practice to update your website regularly by adding more informative content.
Trading your links with other website owners by putting their link on your webpage and asking them to put your link on their webpage is one of the fastest ways to improve your website visibility in the search engines.
Creating and publishing an informative article is another way to improve page rank in the search engines. If your article is good enough and you’ve taken all necessary steps to reach out to the right people, your article is bound to get popular and more people are going to be reading it. You need to remember that your article has to be informative, precise and attractive.
Try to write press releases about your products and services, and publish them all over the web; these will reach the global audience and increase your page rank.
If you run an internet business, try to build links for your website, because linking is one of the most important strategies to increase a targeted audience. If you post your website link on any other site, it acts as an advertisement and attracts people to your website and your site automatically gets an increased flow of traffic.
Every business man wants to be successful and earn more revenue. When you use links to your website on different WebPages, it creates credibility and trust among people at large. Post articles and blogs about your products and services over the internet, as a means of link building. By providing your readers with useful information, they will surely start trusting you and buy what you are selling through your link building.
Link popularity is the most important factor for webpage rank. The page ranking in the search engines is mainly based on site link popularity, so if you want to improve your website page ranking, build a larger number of links to your site and make sure that you build the right kind of links for your site.
Provide the link with valuable content of products and services offered by you, in other web sites. This will help attract the site viewers to visit your site and probably go through it in detail.
Prepare a list of quality sites such as Yahoo & Google, and send custom emails, requesting that you trade links. Partnering with such quality sites will help you reach a global audience.
Participate in the forums on the net, and leave your site links in the forum. If you contribute valuable information, people will definitely visit your site through them. Make sure you highlight the product features and other valuable information of the product, and make it convincing enough for people to want to buy from you.
Domain name is the URL address of your website and is helpful for the internet users to identify your website. For example, Yahoo.com is the domain name for Yahoo’s website.
Here are some tips to choose a powerful name for your site:
The most important thing is that your domain name should be unique, so people don’t mistake it for another existing website.
To optimize your website in search engines, use keywords that best suit your site content, within your domain name.
The domain name should be relevant to your goods and services.
Try to use a short domain name, so it’s easy to remember. (Ideally, it should not exceed 63 characters).
Don’t use spaces and symbols on your domain name. It should not be case sensitive.
People have the tendency to use the most popular Top Level Domain (TLD) “.com”, while they search for any website. So it is recommended to use .com as your TLD. You can also register your domain name with different TLDs like .net, .uk, .us, .in etc. But direct all the domain names to your website, so that people searching for your domain name with any extension can view your site.
Try to use several similar domain names for your website. This will help people reach your site; even they misspell your website.
What is trademark? Is it useful for domain name? A trademark is a word, phrase, logo, symbol etc used by a business to identify a product. Unfortunately if your trademark is similar to your competitor’s, you may have to face legal charges. For this reason, it is better to avoid using trademark when choosing a domain name.
Choosing a good domain name is one of the best ways to get targeted traffic to your website and promote your business online.
Enterprise that cannot offer in-house team for their website management, go for Website Management Outsourcing (WMO). Is website management so important? Yes, it is most important for the enterprise that offers services and products online to run a successful website.
The services that are offered by the WMO company include web designing, updating web pages, managing web content, online marketing, customer support and search engine optimization of client sites effectively, to ensure that their online environment meets their commercial objectives.
Some aspects that motivate a company to outsource website management are:
- It saves cost and time.
- To keep in pace with current marketing trends, the company should train their staff in the advanced technologies and implement them in the site which may not be cost and time effective take. Instead, outsourcing it to the companies specialized in this field helps achieve targets quickly.
- Reduction in the marketing time, as the acceleration of the development or production of a product through the additional capability is brought about by the supplier.
- Choosing a WMO company with well experienced and skilled staff will help improve the site quality quickly at a low cost.
- Outsourcing eases your risk management by transferring the risk to the outsourcer. They can help mitigate the risk with their technological, human and organizational resources.
- By outsourcing the website management to a WMO company, the focus can be on the core competencies and on increasing productivity.
- While outsourcing, check whether the outsourcer can offer you the good quality services that you require.
This can be done by going through customer satisfaction questionnaires which are professionally designed to capture an unbiased view of quality. This will help you gain an idea of the company that you are looking at. Also ensure that the outsourcer has skilled staff to assure you that the work will be of high quality.
Web Analytics is one of the important strategies required for any online business. Web analytics help you find the number of visitors to your site, how they found your site, most visited pages, visiting time, and at what page they leave your site.
The major function of the web analytics is to gather web data such as client IP addresses, hit date and time, bytes transferred, download time, target Page, server IP address, cookies data etc. Using the gathered data, the visitor’s behavior, potential customer requirement and effectiveness of the advertisement on the site are judged. The site design can be enhanced based on the judgment.
Now you may think how the web analytics can be used. You can get your own web analytic software from the market to analyze your site. Next arises the question of choosing the web analytic software.
Choose web analytic software based on the following factors:
- Data required to be gathered from the site.
- Choose carefully the quality suppliers who offer lists of products that can be customized to clients’ specific business needs.
- If you have enough staff to handle the analysis data, you can go for the web analytic software that offers only the required data of the site. If you are short of analysis resources, choose the software that is easier to use and provide analysis reports on the gathered data.
- Check the vendor track record of the software, to know the software reliability, support and service offered by them.
- The software should be simple so that it can be implemented easily and should require minimal start-up training for easier usage.
Web analytic software helps marketing professionals, web masters, and ISPs make informed decisions about their web sites. It also helps increase customer rate, improve customer satisfaction, increase production, make effective data-driven decisions, enhance marketing strategies and achieve targets.
When you are ready to build a website for personal or commercial use, the first step is to find a good web hosting company. It’s quite natural to get confused when choosing one from a lot of them in the market. No worries, you can choose yours easily by keeping the following things in mind.
- Check whether the web hosting company provides 24 hrs of technical support service. This will help you provide effective services to your users without any hindrance. Nowadays most web hosting companies offer live help through chat applications or instant messages. Choosing such a company will help you fix your problems immediately.
- The host should be able to provide enough bandwidth for your web site to support huge traffic.
- A good quality control panel is needed to easily upload contents like pictures, videos etc, to manage email accounts and FTP accounts with ease, and to evaluate the statistics of your website and track the site traffic. This evaluation will help you monitor the report on marketing done through the site.
- Uptime of the server should be high, where uptime refers to the percentage of time the host is accessible via the internet. Many hosting service providers offer 99 % uptime.
- If your site involves ecommerce, concentrate more on the security aspect. Check how well they maintain the site security as part of their service, and if they allow you to install additional security.
- Verify other services, such as email for business domain, databases or multi-media services for streaming media, offered along with the hosting service.
- Compare the hosting plans of competitive web hosting companies, and find out the company that suits your requirement. It doesn’t matter if the company is big or small, what matters is if it can offer the services you require. Small companies might be able to provide certain customization features which big companies may not be able to offer due to their large number of customers.
The nature of your site plays a major role in deciding the web hosting company. If your site involves uploading of a lot of pictures, such as a photo sharing site, then look for a host that provides high bandwidth. If your site involves online payment, then go in for a hosting company that offers high security.
Related Posts from the Past:
- 360Contest (6)
- Use Cases (4)
- Agriya Events (6)
- Agriya Ideas (10)
- Agriya News (111)
- Anova (12)
- Burrow (5)
- BuySell (3)
- Channel (7)
- Client Interviews (1)
- Computer Security (7)
- Crowdsourcing (7)
- Developers (2)
- Extensions (1)
- Feedy (2)
- FP Platform (9)
- Getlancer (1)
- GroupDeal (11)
- GroupWithUs (1)
- Holidays (1)
- internet (16)
- Internet News (57)
- iSocial (8)
- latest technology (21)
- Life @ Agriya (1)
- online marketing (15)
- PartyPlanet (1)
- Private Shop (1)
- search engines (9)
- SEO (1)
- SEO Game (19)
- SF Platform (2)
- Social Media News (17)
- social networking (44)
- Startups (2)
- Volume (3)
- Web 2.0 (8)
- web design (6)
- Webmaster Articles (114)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008